6.10.2005

Chick on dog action


Molly
Originally uploaded by Whitrae.
So, I'm in love with my dog.

This, I've come to realize, is less unusual as you might think. In fact, lots of people have relationships with pets that border on, well, weird. Really. Curious about your own status as pet-lover? Here's a short quiz:

1) When you say "I love you," who is the statement most often directed to?
a) significant other
b) pet

2) Who do you greet first upon returing home from work?
a) significant other
b) pet


I could continute, but you probably get the point. When we first adopted Molly, I had a conversation with a friend who said that she knew (actually had dated) several people whose "most emotionally intimate relationship was with a dog." At the time I thought this bunk, but now, after a few glasses of wine, I'll blather for hours about the dog, her personality, and the squirrel carcass she rolled in yesterday.

Yes, yes, I know this all has something to do with a fear of adult (human on human) relationships. Fine. Still, I wonder what it is about dogs that opens us up so completely.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.