2.26.2006

See, when you get to be 30 you realize some things

We went to Ireland for a week and I ran smack into the following truth about myself. I have always held myself up, proudly, as the type of person who would fly to London at a moment's notice, travel around the world if money or time allowed, learn multiple languages, etc. Now, with my French skills limited to dog commands, I've admitted something: I don't like cities. I mean, I love cities, but learning a new one, negotiating directions and museum hours and pub etiquette in the rain while trying desperately not to look like a pathetic American, takes much, much, much too much energy. Dublin, small and grey and expensive, humbled me. Dublin!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.